Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Roots: "The IVth Crusade" by Bolt Thrower

In the summer of 2012, when I'd had every single slinger  and attended every single fish fry in St. Louis, I realized it was time for a change.

What became of that change was Glacially Musical. It was an idea that maybe I could acquire a larger audience by not writing about STL comfort foods.

So, as of right now, I'm creating a new column that that takes it back to the roots where I buy records and I tell you about them.

Here comes hot take Tuesday with Bolt Thrower.

Really, though I've seen the name bandied about on Twitter and in metal circles for what seems like an untold amount of decades, I've never heard them.

Hearing the reverence when their name was spoken though...it made me interested. So, based on C Rage Records's recommendation.... I picked up The IVth Crusade.

Here's where I tell you how amazing this record is that and it's changed my life for the better and there'll never be another band as good as Bolt Thrower.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great record, but honestly, it's not 1992 anymore, and I lack the proper context.

It's a lot like The Rolling Stones I guess.

But here's the unboxing video. I'll send you a CD if you comment on the post with the impersonation I'm doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment