Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Beer Thirty with Robert Fearey of The Myopia Condition


You know how we do here. We find Canadians and force them into submission until such point that that accept that Americans are both better at winning Stanley Cups and brewing beer.

So, I don't need to proof read The Myopia Condition's answers to know that they have both praised the deposed, but still defending, Stanley Cup Champions and Urban Chestnut Brewing.

But, check out their tunes at YOUTUBE

So, let's talk beer.

1. My personal favorite beer style is the might Double India Pale Ale. The best DIPA in the world is STLIPA by Urban Chestnut. Tell me about your favorite style.


That’s tough to answer but I’d have to go with a nice dry citrus pale ale.  I love the initial bite and the fact they don’t linger too long.

It’s also nice that you can drink multiple because they are light, just enough to satisfy your inner degenerate. 


2. Many international people have laughed at me for this, but American Beer is the best in the world. Not American Lagers, that piss water is best used for drinking 15 of them while you're at the karaoke bar, but American Craft Beer. Which nation is pumping out the best beer?


Simple answer…. CANADA!!! I may be completely biased as a Canadian but damn the west coast makes some fucking amazing craft beers, and the recent explosion of small breweries in the last decade has resulted in some pretty extraordinary brews.


Not to mention a lot of the small breweries do some very good things for their communities. At the same time, I have traveled the states quite extensively and they are definitely no slouches in the craft beer department.


In fact, I recently traveled to Philly to see a Devin Townsend concert and discovered it was a hidden beer mecca, tried some of the best beers I’ve had in a while out there.


3. Even though I'm a giant beer snob, I'll drink beers that break the Bavarian Purity Laws. My personal favorite is Schalfly's Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout. It's a might 22oz of 10% ABV Stout aged in bourbon barrels. It'll warm your heart and soul.


What beers do you love that break Reinheitsgebot?


Hornswoggler – Double Stuffed Oreo and Cinnamon Stout 

Sawback- Hazy Blonde Ale 

Troubled Monk – Orange Cream IPA


4. Right now, you couldn't pin me down and get me to give my favorite St. Louis Brewery, though Urban Chestnut's STLIPA does put them in the lead...but if you put a gun to my head, it's Schlafly Brewing. What do you think of your local brewers?


I love my local breweries. I live in Red Deer, AB, Canada in a town of 100,000 people and there are 7 small breweries in the area.


So between all their new releases and enjoying their classics, I’m always satisfied. There is also an ass ton of amazing stuff all over the west coast as I have mentioned early so it’s beer heaven.


My favourite has got to be Blindman Brewing out of Lacombe, AB though.


5. Hops or Malt? Personally, I feel like a jerk for asking the question. Give me a malty Scottish/Scotch Ale or a hoppy DIPA...and I'm happy...but you gotta pick one.


Hops.. Hands down. I love a good malt but it’s still an easy decision.


6. Whenever I'm road tripping. I'm always bringing back beers. Ohio, Great Lakes Brewing. East Coast, Yuengling. Western New  York. Genessee. What do you bring home?  


I bring home a ton of beers from our Alberta's neighbouring province, British Columbia. They have all sorts of great brewers and a massive amount in the city of Vancouver.


I have also tried some amazing stuff from the east coast of Canada, as well as some wicked stuff brought home from Oregon. 


Wherever you be drinking beer, make sure you keep your shit together and get and don’t drive drunk!!


No comments:

Post a Comment