Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Bookin It with Curtis Dewar

Curtis Dewar
Brand New Column! 

The recurring column interviews are some of the most fun for me because we get to learn about the insides of our subjects and see more about them than just dude plays riffages!

The albums reviewed here are written, recorded, and performed by human beings who have lives and fears and what nots.

So I attempt to encourage you to get to know the human beings behind the corpse paint and Flying V guitars.

To kick off the Book Column, we're starting off with Curtis Shawn Dewar, of Dewar PR. If you want to hear about cool music or if you're a band check the man's FACEBOOK.

1. I try to read at least two books per month, and mostly fail, what's your goal and reality?

I try to do a book a week but usually average 2-3 per month including audio books. If we're talking *just* reading the book and not listening average goes way lower.

2. Encyclopedia Brown and Choose Your Own Adventure books were a big part of my childhood. What did you read back in Elementary School?

I read a *ton* of Choose Your Own Adventure and Hardy Boys. When I got into my teen years I got big into Stephen King, Poppy Z. Brite and Clive Barker.

3. It's no secret that I think Harry Potter is an amazing saga, but it wasn't until after the movie for Chamber of Secrets was released that I began reading the books. What was the big thing you were late on?

The Dark Tower series. Like I mentioned above, I was always into King but for some reason never read the series until 2011ish. 

I always had this idea the series would be boring, but in reality I loved them.

4. My local library is amazing and I'm there pretty frequently. What do you like about your library?

I gotta be honest: I'm not a big fan of the library here. The selecton is... meh in my opinion. I generally use Scribd or Kindle Unlimited as my "Library."

5. Comic Books. Which ones are you reading?

I haven't in a while. I think the last one I read was one based on the Dark Tower by Stephen King.

6. What author can you just read again and again?

For fiction it would be Clive Barker or Stephen King. Non-fiction books that contain something I'm trying to learn I read at *least* 2 times or more.

In the past year alone I've read Dot Com Secrets by Russell Brunson 3 times, Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill 2X, Relentless by Tim Grover 2X and 30 Days of Discipline by Victor Pride 4X

No comments:

Post a Comment