Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Vinyloscopy with Striker

Striker
We're heading back north to Edmonton, AB once again.

You may recall the shredding interview with did with Striker about foods last month, but this month, we want to know about the vinyl with them.

By the by, speaking of records, this Friday, October 26th, Striker's new record hits the racks and becomes available for purchase. You can get it on Amazon Preorder today though.

If not, feel free to tell them why not on Facebook.

1. Listening to Black Sabbath's eponymous debut the night I got it blew me away. What's the album that sounds the best on vinyl compared to digital sources?

I think basically everything pre 90s sounds best on vinyl. It has a certain compression that makes it sound way beefier, and when you take those old albums into digital they lose that extra oomph. 

That being said I'll throw my vote in for Holy Diver by Dio. 

2. I was laying in bed one night and couldn't sleep and I figured, it was time to start buying records. How did you come to the idea that it was time to start buying vinyl instead?

Vinyl is just cooler. In the modern age of digital rights management bullshit, who wants someone else in control of their music? 

Hell no. If I buy an album, I can play it anywhere anytime. Vinyl is the music physically molded into a medium. 


It's a real thing. Mp3s and streaming aren't. 

3.For my old stuff, it's vinyl worthy, for new stuff, it's all vinyl if available. Do you buy everything on wax or do you have a vinyl worthy category?

I have a growing collection of Malsteen and Priest! As someone in the industry, I go through a ton of music for all kinds of reasons. 

If I really love it, I'll get it on vinyl. 

4. My second living room is where I keep it all. Upstairs, my early 70's receiver, a 70's turntable and 70's 5 way speakers. Tell us all about your vinyl set up.

Ha ha I just use my dad's old set up! 

Don't even know what it is but he was a music lover and only bought the premium shit! (ed note: my setup is basically my Father In Law's old set up...)

5. Do you read the lyrics and go over the inserts when you're spinning?

Hell yeah. That's the art of vinyl. They put that stuff in there because they wanted you to look at it. It's part of the process. 

6. When someone says, I'm stupid for buying records, I tell them, thanks, more limited edition colored vinyl for me, what's your answer?

Same thing! The limited edition stuff is the best. 

7. My first album ever was Live Evil by Black Sabbath, so I'm stuck on live albums. What's the best live album on vinyl?

As someone who did full cover sets of Live after Death, I'm going to have to say that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment