Wednesday, May 22, 2019

1 Up with Blaine Gordon of War Curse

War Curse
In case no one has told you lately, Thrash isn't dead.

In fact it's remained so metal that it's basically eating other genres alive. If you find yourself needing more and more thrash metal, don't worry, because Ohio's got you, my friend.

From those reddened shores of landlocked excess comes War Curse.

It has to be said that your ears must come into contact with their newest record. You can pick up Education on CD or LP over at the SVART Records page.

Now, let's find out how they game.

Glacially Musical: My first system was a pong clone, the yellow and black Odyssey 300. What was your first Console?

The original NES.

GM: My stepdad was certain we'd destroy the TV playing Pong so we had to play it in secret, either when he was a sleep or when he was out of the house. Did you have to jump through any hoops to play games?

Not Really. I’d say if anything, the household chores had to be done first. Then it was game time!

GM: What about hand held games? Is that something you ever got into?

I played the Nintendo Gameboy for a bit. Especially riding in the car or traveling places. But wasn’t too big on them though.

GM: The idea of not being able to play something drove me nuts, so I started playing games in their original Japanese. Did you ever get into imports?

Never piqued my interest really, so no.

GM: What's your favorite sports game?

Any NHL game or Motocross/Supercross anything really. Wasn’t big into any mainstream sports. Currently MXGP has piqued my interest. 

It’s more of a Motocross simulator style game that feels pretty close to the real thing. I dig that.

GM: Dragon Warrior got me hooked on turn based RPGs, something that's still happening. What's your favorite style of game and what was the first one you played?

First person shooters for sure. It all started with the original “Doom” on PC. It’s escalated ever since. The more difficult the better.

GM: Favorite system?

Probably Xbox one. But PC gaming was my first love really. But constantly having to upgrade to what seemed like daily, became tiresome. 

So now I stick with simplicity and got back in the console game.

No comments:

Post a Comment