Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Pizza Pie Do Or Die with Joe Randazza of Eye of the Destroyer

Eye of the Destroyer
New Jersey thrashers, Eye of the Destroyer, have recently released their latest album, Baptized In Pain, and

I'm giving you the urging to go check that out.

It's about time that they unleash a full length into the world isn't it?

I could take this time to go on and on about their new record, why you should be listening to it, and what amazing chord progressions and riffs it has, but I'd rather tell you about pizza.

Because Pizza Pie Do or Die!

1. Pizza is the world's most perfect food. This is not up for debate. Please define pizza as based on your geographical location. 

 Geographically I'm from New Jersey. So I would describe my pizza as the fucking best pizza on the god damn planet.

2. It's going to get controversial now. Pineapple on Pizza. Why or why not? 

I used to say fuck no. Then this one time I tried pineapple on ham and well.....the rest is history.

3. For literally years, my family didn't order pizza from the take out places. We made Chef Boyardee boxed pizzas. After that, we only ordered St. Louis Style from Imo's. But finally in the LATE EIGHTIES, I had Domino's Pizza. 

Tell me your tale. 

I grew up in an Italian family with 4 generations under one roof. Every Friday was pizza night. We ordered from one specific spot in Elizabeth, NJ where I am originally from.

Sauce or gravy as some call it flows through these veins.

4. St. Louis Style Pizza is the perfect pizza, especially if you enjoy bragging about how much pizza you can eat, but when I'm out in other parts of the country, I seek out Chicago Style Pizza. 

What do you look for? 

There is a spot on Coney Island in Brooklyn called L&B Spumoni. They only serve pizza by the tray. The sauce is on top of the cheese and they are sicilian style.

Its so good it should be a sin.

5. Pepperoni, started giving me heartburn. So I switched to green peppers or onions. What's your go to topping? 

I like extra sauce now that I'm older but as a kid pepperoni was the go to for sure. These days if I order some with a topping its probably buffalo chicken.

6. What do you look for in pairing beer with your pie? 

 Pizza is heavy enough so I usually just have a Stella. I am not much of a beer drinker these days to be honest.

I prefer whiskey neat with any and all meal pairings.

No comments:

Post a Comment