Monday, April 13, 2020

5 Minute Origin Stories with Lost Legacy

If I could get personal for just a moment, there was a death in my family and it's put me off of getting anything written.

But, as life is, I have to get up and get back to being me.

So, with that said, please look for some more content again. Another pitiable excuse, I still haven't quite gotten the handle of reviewing albums whilst working from home.

I'm going to work on that, but in the meantime, we have another go with Lost Legacy.

Check it out below and make sure you check them out.

Here's their BANDCAMP.

1. Is there an event you can point to you that made you say, wow, that's the instrument I want to play? Not like guitar or drums, but the reason why you play the model you do? 

Initially, I was drawn to the Gibson Les Paul. I though it looked super cool.

Then Van Halen came along and I switched to super Strat style guitars. But as I matured as a player I found myself going back to the Les Paul or single cut style guitars.

To me they feel better and there’s just something about their weight that gives them a solid tone. So now I play, Gibsons, Schecters and ESP’s all single cut style guitars.

Although, I have a vast collection of other guitars.

2. How do you write a song?

It depends.

I might come up with the lyrics first and write around the mood of the story I want to tell. Sometimes, I just sit down and play riffs without thinking of anything in particular and come us with ideas or sometimes an entire song.

I haven’t really followed any rules when it comes to writing. My though process is, if it sounds good to me, it is good.

My feeling is that, whatever I write must be genuine and honest.

3. How many concept records do you own? Could you ever write one?

I own a lot of music. From the top of my head I can recall Pink Floyd’s “The Wall.”

I saw the movie when I was in high school and that record was really interesting and kind of woke up my interest in politics early in my life. Rush’s “2112” was an interesting record.

I really liked A passage to Bangkok on that record. Our band founder and vocalist David Franco wrote “The Aftermath” that was a concept album and first release for our band in 2009. It was inspired by the tragedies of 911.

Our new record “In the name of Freedom” release date 3-20-20 is the second part of The Aftermath. This time we dedicate this album to the men and women of our Armed Forces that have been at war as a consequence of the 911 attacks in the US.

Our intent is not to glorify war. We believe that wars are terrible and ugly. We want to honor those who serve and are often forgotten, So in effect, our first two records are concept albums.

4. Who's influence is most evident in your music? The least?

Our band is heavily influenced by many bands. Testament, Megadeth, Edguy, Helloween, Symphony X, Metal Church, Fates Warning etc.

I'm not sure about what would be the least. We all like several genres and as a band and we all find inspiration in different styles of music.

Within the band, David has written a big portion of the music and all the lyrics. On our new album, “In the name of Freedom" I wrote the music "Take me Away” Currently, we are in pre production stages writing new material for our third release.

This time around Scotty Bennet “Guitar” and I are writing a lot more music and lyrics. Scotty likes to write sci-fy lyrics. I write more about life subjects and Ive got lyrics that touch on some political subjects.

Dave is writing about some new stuff that is different than his previous works.

5. Which one of your songs is the one your the most proud of?

For our new album, the one that stands out is “Will you Remember.”

This song has a deep lyrical content that really deals with the feelings that many of our men and women of the armed forces deal with. Will people remember their name? Will they just be another statistic? A number?

As I mentioned earlier, we're not for war, but we stand behind these gallant people that give everything and are often forgotten.

We wanted to honor them through songs like this one. This song has great melody, Its heavy, its got two over the top guitar solos. And its got a cool ending.

6. Sum up your latest record for us.

This album has a polished feel and sounds just like we do when we play live.

We wanted to capture what the band sounds like in a live setting. Often, bands experiment with sounds in the studio and when you see them live, it lacks the same feel.

With that in mind, we wanted to give our fans a hard hitting metal album that would energize them and get them through their days. This is truly a work of love.

We went into the studio with tons of drive and determination. We think people will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment