Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Classic Spins with Jupiter Hollow

If you'd be interested, Jupiter Hollow, was willing to give us the the inside scoop for the kinds of recods they listen to.

Check out their music HERE.

1. My favorite kind of album is the concept album. The Wall is my absolute favorite. 

Beyond the amazing songs, it has spectacular nostalgia for me. What's your favorite one and why? 

De-Loused in the Comatorium. 

Every nuance is meaningful and the visage of nonsensical lyrics is truly a goldmine into the narrative. The Mars Volta’s 6 beautiful records are among my favourites ever made.

 2. My very first album was Live Evil by Black Sabbath. Since then I've had a strong affinity for the live record, even if they're a bit fake. 

KISS set the bar with Alive!. Surely, it was fake, but it's got the best concert feel of any one.

Tell me about your favorite live record?

I hate live records. 

I prefer bootlegs of shows, or on rare instances, professional live recordings as long as they are completely intact and unedited in any way.

3. There are a great number of records I've turned to for my moods. What do you listen to when you're angry? Sad? 

Music creates the mood for me. Whatever I was feeling before I put a record or live show on doesn’t matter once I’m in my new aural setting.

4. One of my friends laughs at me, routinely, for loving the Misfit Toys of albums by major bands. Lulu by Metallica and Lou Reed, Carnival of Souls by Kiss, Diabolous En Musica by Slayer, etc. 

What's the strange one that you love?

Trout Mask Replica. 

5. It's almost fashionable to release live versions of albums or re-record the old ones. King Diamond is releasing a concert with Abigail front to back. Roger Waters has done The Wall twice. Which ones do you have in your collection?

As I said earlier, not my cup of tea unless it’s a completely raw unedited recording of a performance.


No comments:

Post a Comment