Thursday, August 13, 2020

Fresh Fries with Angelic Desolation

If you're looking for some death metal from the green state of Colorado, you might be wanting to check in with Angelic Desolation.

In fact, I believe these fellows have a new record in the offing. Hell, you can order that stuff now on BANDCAMP.

1. Let's not pretend.  Fast food is delicious. What is your favorite fast food joint?

- Chick-Fil-A. It pulls apart like real chicken. For someone that really doesn't eat fast food very often, that makes me feel better about myself and my terrible decision.

2. When I was young, I remember hanging out at Hardee's eating roast beef (not their fried chicken), and smoking cigarettes at the table.

Tell me about some big changes at the place in your lifetime or tell me which part of my sentence is the most surprising and why.

- Honestly, I've never even seen a Hardee's. (Perhaps you know them as Carl's Jr?)

If they exist in Colorado, I've never found it. For me though, the ruling of "no more ball pits" hit hard as a kid. Suddenly everyone is worried about those being germ factories but isn't that the price of having a kid?

If you're scared of dirt, stay away from it. You don't have to ruin it for the rest of us.

3.In St. Louis, we have Lion's Choice. If you like roast beef, when you're here ya need to check the place. It makes Arby's look like an idiot. THE best fast food fries and great sammiches. 

What's your town's local chain?

- Coming from Colorado, we're a pretty health conscious population. Our local chain is Tokyo Joe's and it's basically bodybuilding staples. 

Choose a rice or noodle, chicken, beef or fish and what vegetables you want. They do sushi as well but I'm not eating raw fish in a landlocked state. 

4. In the grand scheme of things, maybe this doesn't count, especially after the four glorious years we had with them, but here in STL, we don't have Tim Horton's.

Tell me all about the place you don't have and why you need them?

- I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon and say we need an In-N-Out Burger. I've never had it myself but if the legend is true, it sounds like we're missing out. 

5. We've had Culver's for about 15 years now and Shake Shack just showed up. So far, the only thing Shake Shack has going for it for me over Culver's is there's one in the city.

What's the overrated out of town chain in your neck of the woods?

- For me it's Popeye's. Now, I'm not shitting on their biscuits or red beans. That stuff is honestly pretty good. However, there's the ongoing controversy about who has the better chicken sandwich between them and Chick-Fil-A. Chick-Fil-A takes the cake, 110%.

Besides the food, if you've ever been to either of those chains then you know the MASSIVE difference in customer service. 

Chick-Fil-A employees would dance at your wedding if you asked them to and Popeye's complains when you ask for napkins. Fuck Popeye's.

6. Do you have a Del Taco in your City? If you don't have Del Taco, tell me about the other taco fast food joint you've got. What do you love or hate about them?

- We do have a few and I'm not a huge fan. I will say though, they make burritos that rival Chipotle as far as size is concerned and for much lower of a price. 

After a few hours though, you'll regret saving those 3 dollars.

7. White Castle.

- We don't have them in Colorado but in the spirit of Harold & Kumar, I've done a road trip to Vegas with some friends just to get White Castle. Was it worth it? 

I guess. The road trip was the best part honestly.

Stoner hack: When on a road trip, bring a frisbee as a rolling tray. The curved edges prevent your weed from hitting the floor when the driver decides he's gonna pull some shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment