Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Meowtal with Adzes

Have you heard of anything that's been happening there out on the West Coast that might concern you and make you worry about the state of our democracy?

Well, Adzes, has been fighting the good fight against Capitalism via Sludge Metal.

If you're not thinking about Jesus Built My Deathsquads right now, what are you even doing in this world?

Check it out on BANDCAMP right now!

1. In my house, we have three cats named Wickett, Louis IX, and Jiji. How many do you have and what are they called?

We have two cats and a dog.  The cats are named Zeppo (although he most often gets called Lil Man) and Zelda, and the dog is Daisy.

2. It's obvious where our cats got their names. Where did yours get theirs?

Daisy came to us as a rescue, and the rescue agency gave her the name Sadie. We were renting a house that had a ratty collection of daisies growing in the back yard, and she spent a good day and a half romping around in them decapitating each one, so the name stuck.  

Zeppo and Zelda were just kind of alliterative names that we came up with when we adopted them, and we gave them a range of nicknames of which Lil Man and Zel stuck to each.

3. We're three people with one cat each. My cat, Floyd, rides my shoulder like a parrot. What's an odd behavior your cat has?

Zelda is a big fan of riding on my shoulders, draped across the back of my neck like a scarf.  Particularly on Zoom calls in these days of remote work.  

Zeppo has some Siamese in him so he talks non-stop, and he's extremely relaxed, even letting my kids carry him around without complaint.  Daisy is an extremely gentle and smart dog, but a vicious rodent hunter.  

She's killed three rabbits and two rats this year.

4. When I leave, I always pick a cat to be in charge of the other kitties. What's the wacky thing you do with yours?

Mostly I talked to them like they're people, saying excuse me if I'm cleaning and they're in the way, telling them I wish they'd make better choices if they sneak bites of my dinner.

5. We have a half-Himalayan, a Polydactyl, and a Kitten Would Be God. What sorts do you have?

They're all mutts of one sort or another.  Zelda is a Siamese and grey tabby mix; she looks like a Siamese cat wearing a tabby mask and gloves.  

We think Zeppo is a flame point Siamese, he's white (and extremely fluffy) with orange ears and tail.  Daisy is a cross between a border collie and some sort of spaniel, with a little bit of Australian shepherd in her spotty nose.

6. Over the years, my cats have taught me absolutely nothing. What's the one thing you think they should be imparting to us humans?

I want to understand their ability to effectively take over the entirety of the bed while we're sleeping.  They're incredibly good at colonizing a corner of the bed and then turning that into a territorial takeover so that when I wake up I'm scrunched into a third of the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment