Thursday, August 20, 2020

Fresh Fries with Draemora

You know, you're probably thinking about this Covid-19 Pandemic as much as I have and you know what? 

I'm tired of all the food that's around my house in South St. Louis, except that Shaved Duck. It's been too long since I've gotten a smoked half chicken.

So, my comfort food has become literal food. It sucks when something metaphorical becomes literal and your existential crisis is exacerbated by the fact there's no McDonald's close enough to get the fries home quickly enough to eat them.

So, today we're talking to a Seattle band called Draemora. They rock that progressive death metal there. As a Gen X'er who's been at war with Seattle since 1993, it's nice to hear some extreme metal out of that city.

Whilst you're getting hungry reading about what they're eating, check out their latest VIDEO.

1. Let's not pretend.  Fast food is delicious. What is your favorite fast food joint?

Dick’s is the best, it’s old school walk-up like an old McDonalds from the ’50s and the food is simple and tastes great.  I think they only exist here in Washington state though. 

2. When I was young, I remember hanging out at Hardee's eating roast beef (not their fried chicken), and smoking cigarettes at the table.

Tell me about some big changes at the place in your life or tell me which part of my sentence is the most surprising and why.

Same, except it, was the bowling alley and we smoked cigarettes ate nothing but french fries, and acted like idiots and pissed off the neckbeard at the counter. Haha.  

You can no longer smoke anywhere here in Washington for sure, and currently, that place shut down for good because of the COVID lockdown. 

3.In St. Louis, we have Lion's Choice. If you like roast beef, when you're here ya need to check the place. It makes Arby's look like an idiot. THE best fast food fries and great sandwiches. What's your town's local chain?

Like I said in the first post, Dick’s is the joint here in Seattle.  

The “Dick’s Deluxe” and some fries and a milkshake is the way to go if you’re in the Seattle area, it’s the only place I know of you can tell someone your gonna go eat a bag of Dick’s and it’s not a negative statement.

4. In the grand scheme of things, maybe this doesn't count, especially after the four glorious years we had with them, but here in STL, we don't have Tim Horton's.

Tell me all about the place you don't have and why you need them?

I’d say that here there is a huge gap for anyone to come in with a great BBQ joint.  

We have a few but they’re not that good, it seems like anyone who could do any BBQ would make a killing up here. 

5. We've had Culver's for about 15 years now and Shake Shack just showed up. So far, the only thing Shake Shack has going for it for me over Culver's is there's one in the city.

What's the overrated out of town chain in your neck of the woods?

In and Out burger, it’s not that great.  I was in Cali last year and I ate there and it was just kinda bland and cheap.  

Sorry about your feelings California but that place is all hype. 

6. Do you have a Del Taco in your City? If you don't have Del Taco, tell me about the other taco fast food joint you've got. What do you love or hate about them?

We do not have a Del Taco, we do have a dope NW Taco joint called Taco Time and its really good, made with fresh stuff and its always consistently good. 

7. White Castle.

Never been, had the freezer box sliders before but again, wasn’t that amazing.  Someday I will go to a real one.


No comments:

Post a Comment