Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Classic Spins with Kore Rozzik

Who's been checking in on New York City's Kore Rozzik?

Maybe it's time we learn some more information about these guys? Today they're taking a stab at the Classic Spins column. 

It's probably the most answered one I have done.

For some reason, it really seems like Musos wanna talk about Music.

I mean, who knew??? Anyway, you can buy their new record on wax HERE

1. My favorite kind of album is the concept album. The Wall is my absolute favorite. Beyond the amazing songs, it has spectacular nostalgia for me. What's your favorite one and why? 

For me Alice Cooper automatically comes to mind. I would say he is the king of concept records.  Welcome to my nightmare is a classic. 

I also really enjoyed Brutal Planet/Dragontown. This was the time of nu-metal and the height of Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie.

Coop showed he could hang with those guys in the nu-metal genre. I really enjoy how those records paint this dark and decrepit future world.

2. My very first album was Live Evil b Black Sabbath. Since then I've had a strong affinity for the live record, even if they're a bit fake. KISS set the bar with Alive!. Surely, it was fake, but it's got the best concert feel of any one.

Tell me about your favorite live record?

As a kid I would say my favorite live record would of been AC/DC live from their Razors Edge tour. 

The band just sounds louder than life itself and Brian Johnson's vocals are in prime form. I don't think that record is doctored at all.  

3. There are a great number of records I've turned to for my moods. What do you listen to when you're angry? Sad?

If I'm angry I might want to listen to something aggressive like Overkill. If I'm sad maybe some 80's hair metal ballads LOL

I know some Dokken ballads have gotten me emotional LOL

4. One of my friends laughs at me, routinely, for loving the Misfit Toys of albums by major bands. Lulu by Metallica and Lou Reed, Carnival of Souls by Kiss, Diabolous En Musica by Slayer, etc.

What's the strange one that you love?

I'm probably the king of obscure LOL. I like Judas Priest "Turbo."

That got a lot of heat in its day. I kinda like Megadeth's "Risk.:

Queen's "Hot Space" is another! I think the most fascinating thing is listening to some 80's bands try to go alternative. Warrant's "Belly 2 Belly" etc.

I really like Alice Cooper's Zipper Catches Skin.
 
5. It's almost fashionable to release live versions of albums or re-record the old ones. King Diamond is releasing a concert with Abigail front to back. Roger Waters has done The Wall twice. Which ones do you have in your collection?  

I have Megadeth playing Rust In Peace Live. That one is okay. 

Blue Oyster Cult just released a live concert of them doing Agents Of Fortune for its 40th Anniversary that was a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment