Monday, August 17, 2020

Fresh Fries with Brandy and the Butcher

Let's check back in with Brandy and the Butcher. For the life of me, I'm still not 100% sure I know what they are. 

It's seeming like it might time to check out that album of theirs again. 

I know I reviewed it a few weeks back. It's something....that's for true.

Well, I took a moment to revisit the album, and I can tell you that's still a little difficult to articulate in a concise fashion, but I'll tell you that I did go ahead and preorder it on vinyl.

Dude....$18 shipped...Go to BANDCAMP NOW!

1. Let's not pretend. Fast food is delicious. What is your favorite fast food joint? 

I've always had a soft spot for Popeye's. 

Their spicy fried chicken sandwich is BADASS and I'm always down for a fried shrimp snack with cocktail sauce. 

2. In St. Louis, we have Lion's Choice. If you like roast beef, when you're here ya need to check the place. 

It makes Arby's look like an idiot. THE best fast food fries and great sammiches. What's your town's local chain? 

We live in Columbia, SC. It's the South. 

We have a fast food meat and three style place called "The Lizard's Thicket". It's locally owned and has several locations with drive thrus. 

Want a fried pork chop and mashed potatoes??? Meatloaf and macaroni and cheese??? Pot roast and white rice? This is your joint. 

The breakfast omelettes are also amazing. 

3.Tell me all about the place you don't have and why you need them? 

A few years ago I was in Las Vegas and someone brought me an In-N-Out Burger "Animal Style."

I have frequently considered flying back out just to get another one. It was THAT good. 

4. What's the overrated out of town chain in your neck of the woods? Smashburger. It's just meh. 6. Do you have a Del Taco in your City? If you don't have Del Taco, tell me about the other taco fast food joint you've got. 

What do you love or hate about them? 

We have ONE Del Taco and it's on the busiest street in town out in the shopping district. 

I ABHOR driving that street but when I think about those sweet sweet little crispy tacos I occasionally get motivated to make the trip. Del Taco is the shit. 

(We lost all three of our Del Tacos about 10 years ago and those years have been a bleak wasteland.)

7. White Castle.

We don't have White Castle in the south. We have Krystal burgers. They are the ultimate drunk food...little nuggets of nutrition with pickle and mustard. 

Cheese optional. Chili cheese fries. I have legit waited in a line for 45 minutes at 2am in Athens, GA for a sack of Krystals. 

Damn....now I want one. Thanks a LOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment