Monday, August 3, 2020

Fresh Fries with King Gorm's Francis

One of the great things about living in this pandemic is the glut of fast food I've stuffed into my gaping maw.

I've been a fast food junkie for a long, long time though. Now we're going to learn about some metal dudes and how they crush the fast food, at home and on the road.

Up first is the eminently regal, Francis, of King Gorm. 

I gave their new record an A+ in my most recent review round up. Won't you listen to it whilst your reading it. You'll have to work up an excuse not to buy it.

Here's the BANDCAMP link.

1. Let's not pretend.  Fast food is delicious. What is your favorite fast food joint?

I don't really eat fast food when I'm near home. San Diego taco stands are cheaper, faster, and better. If I'm on tour or out of town, I think anything with hot dogs is worth looking forward to. Do gas station hot dogs count as fast food? 

2. When I was young, I remember hanging out at Hardee's eating roast beef (not their fried chicken), and smoking cigarettes at the table.

Tell me about some big changes at the place in your lifetime or tell me which part of my sentence is the most surprising and why.

I remember touring for the first time and finding out that Carl's Jr was called Hardee's in other states! Hahaha. 

I thought they did burgers, not roast beef or fried chicken! (note: they went through a phase of trying to beat every fast food place at their own game in the 90's.)

3.In St. Louis, we have Lion's Choice. If you like roast beef, when you're here ya need to check the place. It makes Arby's look like an idiot. THE best fast food fries and great sammiches. 

What's your town's local chain?

Hmm, I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but some popular San Diego restaurants that have multiple locations are Phil's BBQ, Tajima (ramen), Hodad's (burgers), Tacos El Gordo.

4. In the grand scheme of things, maybe this doesn't count, especially after the four glorious years we had with them, but here in STL, we don't have Tim Horton's.

Tell me all about the place you don't have and why you need them?

Oh man, in my opinion, San Diego has THE BEST food in the country. 

Illegal Pete's in Denver is a regular tour stop that I wouldn't mind having here, but I honestly don't think I'd go much when I compare it to the options in San Diego. 

5. We've had Culver's for about 15 years now and Shake Shack just showed up. So far, the only thing Shake Shack has going for it for me over Culver's is there's one in the city.

What's the overrated out of town chain in your neck of the woods?

In N Out haha. (SHOTS FIRED!)

It's honestly terrible and people only like it because there's this weird California pride thing associated with it. 

6. Do you have a Del Taco in your City? If you don't have Del Taco, tell me about the other taco fast food joint you've got. What do you love or hate about them?

Yup! Del Taco, Taco Bell, you name it. 

Those are decent tour stops in the midwest, but in San Diego, pretty much every neighborhood has more than one taco shop that is better than Del Taco. 

My favorites are Los Reyes and Tacos El Gordo. 

7. White Castle. 

Hate it. I was so disappointed the first time I tried it. I had already seen that Harold and Kumar movie so I had expectations that it'd be edible but I remember having trouble finishing my meal. 

Love the branding though haha!

(KING GORM IS DEAD TO ME!)

No comments:

Post a Comment