Friday, June 28, 2019

Taco Grande with KOSM's Erik Leonhard

KOSM
If you turn your head slightly to the northwest, but look past the Pacific Northwest South and into the Pacific Northwest North, you'll see that beautiful city of Vancover, British Columbia.

And if you've ever been there, you'll know precisely why back in the day is 48 40 or fight.

But apart from being a target of American Imperialism in the 19th century, Vancouver is also home to KOSM.

This quintet has a brand new EP that's dropping today.

So of course we're going to talk about tacos.

But in the meantime, get with them on the WEB or FACEBOOK.

But in the meantime, TACOS.

1. Everybody loves Taco Tuesday, but what's the best time to eat tacos for you and how many tacos do you put back in a standard sitting.

I like tacos for dinner, but I’ll eat them any time, any place. I find tacos are usually really small in Canada, so I can put back three to five in a sitting. 

To be honest, I’d probably eat as many as they bring me.

2. Describe your perfect taco plate.

I prefer fish tacos. Tilapia, red snapper, and sole are all good. I like it with guacamole and lots of cilantro. 

(Note: Fancy, fancy)

The only bad taco plate is one that doesn’t include sufficient tacos.

3. What is your beverage of choice when it comes to Mexican food?

Cervezas for sure. I’m not really a huge fan of Mexican beer in general, but I do like a good Negra Modelo.

4. My personal favorite Mexican dish is Camaron a la Diabla. It's this extraordinarily hot shrimp dish. Comes with tacos, beans, and tortillas. What's yours?

It sounds boring, but I just like simple empanadas. I had these amazing vegan empanadas at an Iron Lung show in Toronto once, and they blew my mind. 

I’ve been a fan ever since. It turns out empanadas pair really well with power-violence. 

Who knew?

5. Describe the feeling of regret you get after your carne asada arrives and you realize your belly is full of those delicious chips and salsa.

No regrets. The trick is to just keep a steady pace when you eat, from appetizer to dessert. You won’t realize how full you are until the meal is done. 

Then the real regret sets in.

6. If you could only eat tacos, burritos, or chimichangas forever, which one and why?


Definitely tacos. I feel like they’re the lightest and least greasy of the three, and thus most conducive to eternal ingestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment