Monday, August 26, 2019

Eastern Cuisine with Heart of Jordan

Heart of Jordan
Because there's nothing like getting to know new music, we're going to spend some time today with Heart of Jordan.

I should mention, that when I say we, I mean you and me....and today is when you're reading this.

Thank you for that.

Heart of Jordan is one of those extreme metal bands that conservatives tend to get up in arms about. It's been out for a little while, but check out their debut on BANDCAMP.

Now, let's talk Asian food!

1. We are all brought up eating Chinese Food. What's your go to order from the Chinese Takeout place?  


I was turned on to Moo Goo Gai Pan in my senior year of high school. My friends and I would always venture out at lunch time. It's been my go-to ever since. If it's not on the menu, I order whatever dish is closest to it. 

2. For basically all of my young life into early adulthood, I never really ate any Far Eastern cuisines apart from Americanized Chinese Food. What was your gateway food? 


When I was a young kid, my parents always got weekend takeout from a local Chinese Restaurant. Shrimp toast was always on the order, and I always had first dibs. 

3. After having tried it on my 26th birthday, Sushi, and sashimi specifically, has become basically my absolute favorite food. Tell me what you think of Japan's gift to the world. 


Being an acquired taste for a lot of people I know, I absolutely love all varieties of sushi and sashimi. A simple spicy tuna roll is always a safe bet. 

4. Now, a billion people cannot be wrong and that's not including the converts around the world. England, I'm looking at you. Curry. We're going to be needing a treatise on your attitudes and tastes regarding this Indian delight. 


I was introduced to chicken curry at an English pub in Denver when I was in my early 20's. I've loved it ever since. 

5. Another food my wife kind of got me into was Vietnamese. St. Louis has a great scene here. I'm crazy into the hot pots. What's your favorite? 


One word: Pho

6. In the end, there's a great world of food on the other side of the world. What's your favorite Asian Cuisine? 


Thai cuisine is my hands-down favorite. Fight me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment