Thursday, August 15, 2019

Pizza Pie Do or Die with Blind Scryer

Blind Scryer
If you're ever in Kansas City and you wanna hear some good music...
Do you remember that particular bit of wit from the greatest movie about Heavy Metal of All Time?

Well, if you're in Louisville and not KC and you're looking for some stoner metal and not jazz, you might just wanna check out Blind Scryer.

They popped out an album this past March, check it on
BANDCAMP and in the mean time, let's talk pizza.
1. Pizza is the world's most perfect food. This is not up for debate. Please define pizza as based on your geographical location.
A lot of places in Louisville, new and old have/had a blend of styles going on. Generous dough base, large size (think New York style but not quite as large), red sauce, standard supreme toppings (but large pieces) piled high, covered in cheese.

2. It's going to get controversial now. Pineapple on Pizza. Why or why not?
Blair: Put just about anything on there I'll eat it.
Jeremy: I say no.
Trent: I'm all for Pineapple.
River: Yeah, I like Pineapple on pizza.
Jeff: Depends on the type of pizza. Hawaiian? Then okay, otherwise, probably not.
3. For literally years, my family didn't order pizza from the take out places. We made Chef Boyardee boxed pizzas. After that, we only ordered St. Louis Style from Imo's. But finally in the LATE EIGHTIES, I had Domino's Pizza. Tell me your tale.
Trent: I get Donisi pizza at 3 in the morning.
River: My coworker and I worked next to a Little Caesar's and  we ate it all the time. Over time my coworker got really bad heartburn from eating there and eventually began throwing up after eating it one time. I didnt have pizza for weeks after that.
Jeff: That's some pizza trauma. As a kid I made pizzas with cheap ingredients with my dad in our kitchen. Canned sauce, bagged pepperoni, that kind of thing...but dough from scratch (most of the time). I now enjoy like pizza of all kinds. Cold pizza from the fridge is good too.
4. St. Louis Style Pizza is the perfect pizza, especially if you enjoy bragging about how much pizza you can eat, but when I'm out in other parts of the country, I seek out Chicago Style Pizza. What do you look for?
Jeff: I dont know about that St. Louis cheese that's on pizza there. It's overhyped. However, I agree that Chicago style is delicious. Who serves your favorite deep dish pie?
5. Pepperoni, started giving me heartburn. So I switched to green peppers or onions. What's your go to topping?
Jeremy: Bacon
Blair: Banana peppers
River: Pineapple and Jalapeno
Trent: Buffalo Chicken
Jeff: Pepperoni, Mushroom, and Onion. Pepperoni if I can only have one.
6. What do you look for in pairing beer with your pie?
Jeremy: Something light so the flavor pf the pie comes through.
Blair: A good cheap beer.
Trent: A High-Life
River: I usually dont have beer with pizza, but maybe a while afterward.
Jeff: Nothing too heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment