Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Pizza Pie Do or Die with Billy Myers III of Glorious Rebllion

Glorious Rebellion
This past March, Glorious Rebellion took their first step towards immortality by releasing their third EP: Scholars of War.

This third one is the one, and it's not that this writer simply made an assumption that was incorrect. Hailing from Orlando, FL...

One has to wonder how much of a chance they have of becoming Florida Man...and I'm not trying to deflect from that earlier non-mistake.

This three track EP clocks in at 20 minutes...and it's progressive and thrashy. Looking to get it on?

Look no further, well, no further than BANDCAMP anyway. Now, let's talk to them about the symbolism in their latest release coupled with the backdrop of an impending World War III.

Nah...it's time to talk about pizza.

1. Pizza is the world's most perfect food. This is not up for debate. Please define pizza as based on your geographical location.


Like, if FL was a pizza what would it be? Cause if we're just defining pizza, it's bread with sauce, cheese, and toppings on it in a circle. 

Florida is the Lil Caesar's Hot N Ready of pizzas. 

2. It's going to get controversial now. Pineapple on Pizza. Why or why not? 

No. If you like it, that's cool. Enjoy it, by all means. I don't like pineapple when it's NOT on a pizza, so I wouldn't want it on my pizza regardless of controversy.

3. For literally years, my family didn't order pizza from the take out places. We made Chef Boyardee boxed pizzas. After that, we only ordered St. Louis Style from Imo's. But finally in the LATE EIGHTIES, I had Domino's Pizza. 

Tell me your tale.

I've eaten Chef Boyardee boxed pizzas, but my grandmother owned a pizza place for a little while before I was born, and could make it all from scratch. 

That was a big treat growing up, but as a kid growing up, most pizzas were the frozen Totino's party pizzas or that sort of thing. 

Sometimes in school if you read enough books you could get a free personal pan pizza from Pizza hut, which was pretty rad. Ordering from a chain restaurant was rare in our house, though.

4. St. Louis Style Pizza is the perfect pizza, especially if you enjoy bragging about how much pizza you can eat, but when I'm out in other parts of the country, I seek out Chicago Style Pizza. What do you look for?

Florida doesn't really have a style of pizza IMHO, so really, I just try to enjoy all the local pizza places where I can experience their styles of it. Because that's what you do when you're in a new place, you explore their cuisine.

5. Pepperoni, started giving me heartburn. So I switched to green peppers or onions. What's your go to topping?

My favorite is spinach & mushrooms on a thin crust.

6. What do you look for in pairing beer with your pie?


Oh I'm a 12 year old at heart so I'd rather have a coca-cola, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment