Thursday, December 19, 2019

Taco Grande with Fumarole's Kurt Werder

We're bring the Fumarole back! That means all their superfluous U's are coming' with them.

Australia's finest rock-ish band.

Check them out on BANDCAMP.

But now, TACOS!

1. Everybody loves Taco Tuesday, but what's the best time to eat tacos for you and how many tacos do you put back in a standard sitting. 

 Gotta love that end of the work week taco binge, grab a couple beers which quickly turn into tequila slushies and bad decisions, ah I can taste the next day regret already!

There’s no counting when it comes to a taco binge. I usually measure it by phases, Phase 1 - Still hungry.

Phase 2- ‘the sweats’ this is where any reasonable human thinks about slowing down but not me.

Phase 3 - ‘the calm before the storm’ I usually start to feel better after the sweats and that means another order and finally

Phase 4 - ‘are my sides actually splitting?’ I used to think this was just a saying but I swear there’s been a few times I could feel this starting to happen.

2. Describe your perfect taco plate.

Perfection would be the meat colour wheel. Start off with a barramundi (fish) move into chicken then a nice pulled pork and finish off with a beef!

3. What is your beverage of choice when it comes to Mexican food?

You gotta go a Corona, it’s dirty it’s standard and dare I say it’s cliche but sometimes things become cliche for a reason! Yew!!

4. My personal favorite Mexican dish is Camaron a la Diabla. It's this extraordinarily hot shrip dish. Comes with tacos, beans, and tortillas. What's yours?

We have an amazing Mexican place near me that does awesome enchiladas, which they basically do a burrito and put nachos on top! It’s incredible!

I like my Mexican like I like my guitar tone, dirty and fat! Haha

5. Describe the feeling of regret you get after your carne asada arrives and you realize your belly is full of those delicious chips and salsa.

There was a period of my life when I was still smoking and was working part time at McDonalds where I was broke as shit and decided I needed money for cigarettes.

I was living with my parents after a breakup and stole a pack of my mum's menthols I found in the bin, they must’ve not been her brand and had been floating around for a while because they were stale and made me vomit instantly.

This is the closest I can get to describing that feeling.

6. If you could only eat tacos, burritos, or chimichangas forever, which one and why?

It’s gotta be burritos, a beautiful combination of meat, beans, salsa and rice all wrapped in a light tortilla and you eat it with your hands! It’s like how we try to write music, mix all the flavour but non of the fuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment