Monday, February 24, 2020

Meowtal with Fumarole

Recently, I went to Outback Steakhouse and frankly I have to tell you that the service was less than stellar, the Fosters wasn't cold enough.

Not a single person working in the joint seemed to speak with any sort of Aussie accent. They also couldn't even begin to explain to me what precisely Australian steak even WAS!

Don't get me started on listening to American douchebags saying "shrimp on the barbie."

After this horrific time in my life, I felt I needed to reach out and discuss this with a legitimate Australian.

So, we reached out to our friends, Fumarole. (BANDCAMP) If anyone was going to be able to tell me about their cats and how this relates to poncing French philosophers, they would.

1. In my house, we have three cats named Wickett, Louis IX, and Randall "Pink" Floyd. How many do you have and what are they called?

We have a grey and white boy called Smokey Joe who is chill all the time and a wild Orange stripey boy named Crookshanks.

2. It's obvious where our cats got their names. Where did yours get theirs?

Smokey Joe got his name because he’s grey and I thought a cat with an old cowboy style name would be hilarious.

Crookshanks was named by my wife after Hermione Granger’s cat from the Harry Potter books. She’s a big fan and our house is littered with potter related stuff.

3. We're three people with one cat each. My cat, Floyd, rides my shoulder like a parrot. What's an odd behavior your cat has?

Crookshanks is an aggressive pooper. It’s almost like a Cat OCD he needs to make sure all of his poop is covered by litter and I mean ALL of it.

You can hear him scratching at the litter from the otherwise of the house!

4. When I leave, I always pick a cat to be in charge of the other kitties. What's the wacky thing you do with yours?

I just like annoying them in general.

Get that spot on their ears where they have that reflex where they flick and just gently touch and keep doing it until they storm off in disgust.

Or hold their tail down with one finger so it doesn’t hurt them but just annoys them. One day they’ll snap and I’ll end up in the hospital I swear.

5. We have a half-Himalayan, a Polydactyl, and a Kitten Would Be God. What sorts do you have?

I think they’re both domestic short hairs which probably shows my ignorance cause I have no idea I just know we have an orange stripey and a grey and white.

I do know however that if I get a hair in my eye not to rub it. Last time I did that I ended up with a blister on my eyeball..A BLISTERED EYE!!

True story

6. Over the years, my cats have taught me absolutely nothing. What's the one thing you think they should be imparting to us humans?

Cats have the ability to be the ultimate jerks but when you’re feeling down my boys know when to come in and cuddle up and make me so much better.

You can be a jerk but still give a crap about others and cats seem to have that capability (when it suits)

No comments:

Post a Comment