Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Pizza Pie Do or Die with The World Without Us

Who else loves pizza out there? You know who loves pizza?

The World Without Us...at least I think they do. I haven't read through this yet, but promise I will!


Either way, you should read this and check out the BANDCAMP.

1. Pizza is the world's most perfect food. This is not up for debate. 

Please define pizza as based on your geographical location.When I think of local pizza I think of sawdust. I grew up with a local pizza place known as Imperial Pizza; also know for being the cheapest pizza in Delaware County, Pennsylvania, at the time.  

They would use cornmeal on the bottom of their pizzas, which both feels like and resembles sawdust, and your hands, shirt, everything would be covered in sawdust after eating a slice.


2. It's going to get controversial now. Pineapple on Pizza. Why or why not? 


Back in my teenage years, I would say yes to pineapple, because I was a huge fan of hawaiian pizza. Once I ate too much of it though, and yakked.  

Now I can't eat it without remembering vomit, so I now have to say no to pineapple.

3. For literally years, my family didn't order pizza from the take out places. We made Chef Boyardee boxed pizzas. After that, we only ordered St. Louis Style from Imo's. But finally in the LATE EIGHTIES, I had Domino's Pizza. Tell me your tale.


The first pizza place I remember my family always ordering from was a place called Colonial Pizza.  It was a cheap, thin pizza; the cheese always slid off. 

My mom eventually got fed up with terrible cheese and switched us to a nearby Pizza Hut instead. Every year we would earn our free "Book It" pizzas (a school reading program), which earned Pizza Hut our loyalty.  

The Hut was all I knew for the longest time, but eventually the locations was (tragically) taken over by the up-and-coming pizza giant, Papa John's. Everyone wanted those little sauce cups.  

Not wanting to change locations, that became our standard pizza place instead.

4. St. Louis Style Pizza is the perfect pizza, especially if you enjoy bragging about how much pizza you can eat, but when I'm out in other parts of the country,
I seek out Chicago Style Pizza. What do you look for?

When I'm exploring new pizzas I'm always looking for an amazing upside down pie where the mozz is kneaded into the dough and the sauce is on top.

5. Pepperoni, started giving me heartburn. So I switched to green peppers or onions. What's your go to topping?

I'm the most boring pizza man alive, I like a good cheese pizza.

6. What do you look for in pairing beer with your pie?

No matter what beer you get with your pizza, if your pizza's sauce is wrong, nothing is going to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment