Thursday, January 23, 2020

Pizza Pie Do or Die with Silverlight Shadows

Australian Grunge Stoners, Silverlight Shadows have recently dropped their latest single.  Check out the video HERE.


Make sure you check out their whole catalog over at BANDCAMP. In the meantime, let's talk about pizza.

1. Pizza is the world's most perfect food. This is not up for debate. Please define pizza as based on your geographical location.


Nida: I grew up in Shepparton Australia. Back then there was only two pizza shops in town. Riveria and Casablanca, they have been open for about 35 years they are still are, and both make awesome pizza.

I mainly go to Casablanca these days and I get the Fitzys special which has tomato bacon, mushrooms,onion, cheese, ham, anchovies and capsicum.

2. It's going to get controversial now. Pineapple on Pizza. Why or why not?

Nida: When I was a kid I loved Hawaiin pizza which has pineapple on it.

These days I don't really like Pineapple on my pizza so lets say no to the pineapple, mainly because pineapple is sweet and when I have pizza I'm in a savory mood 

3. For literally years, my family didn't order pizza from the take out places. We made Chef Boyardee boxed pizzas. After that, we only ordered St. Louis Style from Imo's. But finally in the LATE EIGHTIES, I had Domino's Pizza. Tell me your tale.

Nida: The first time I had pizza was from Pizza hut, the small sized Hawaiin was what I always had, It was a great day the first time I ate the whole thing. 

When I lived in Melbourne I would get Fruscalinos pizza, they used to be across the road from my favourite pub and would deliver your pizza to you at the bar. I always got the Mexican. Now when in Melbourne I go to Rita's Pizza my favourite is the Salty Pig, it has crispy bacon, anchovies, cheese, capers chilli and tomato it's the bomb. 

I live in a country town now and there's no pizza shop so we make them at home. My wife makes them and I cook them on a pizza stone on the BBQ. We make lot's of different ones with thin crust. 

Sometimes my wife puts thinly sliced zucchini on them which I always complain about but it's actually pretty good.

4. St. Louis Style Pizza is the perfect pizza, especially if you enjoy bragging about how much pizza you can eat, but when I'm out in other parts of the country, I seek out Chicago Style Pizza. What do you look for?

Nida: I'm in Australia so I'm not familiar with all those types of Pizza. In Australia we have the Aussie pizza which has bacon, cheese and egg. it's pretty good 

5. Pepperoni, started giving me heartburn. So I switched to green peppers or onions. What's your go to topping?

Nida: Bacon, cheese, onion, chilli and anchovies 

6. What do you look for in pairing beer with your pie?

Nida: Melbourne Bitter

No comments:

Post a Comment