Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Vinylscopy with Waingro

This past August, Vancouver's own, Waingro, dropped a new record on vinyl via Sludgelord Records.

You can check out all of that on their BANDCAMP.

In the meantime, let's check out their vinyl.

1. Listening to Black Sabbath's eponymous debut the night I got it blew me away. What's the album that sounds the best on vinyl compared to digital sources?

Steely Dan - Can't Buy A Thrill is one I often go to. That and Maniac soundtrack by Rob is incredible and I save for just vinyl listening. Plus the cover is incredible - attached below:

Maniac_Cover_rvsd_1024x1024.jpg

2. I was laying in bed one night and couldn't sleep and I figured, it was time to start buying records. How did you come to the idea that it was time to start buying vinyl instead?

I was in my apartment one day looking at the clutter, and then I said to myself - let's get rid of these pesky CDs and get something that makes more sense!


3.For my old stuff, it's vinyl worth, for new stuff, it's all vinyl if available. Do you buy everything on wax or do you have a vinyl worthy category?


I definitely have to pick and choose since the apartment is only 700 square feet, so its got to be something that's worth a damn. Something like all John Carpenter re-issues. 


4. My second living room is where I keep it all. Upstairs, my late 90's receiver, vinyl preamp, with a 70's turntable and 70's 5 way speakers. Tell us all about your vinyl set up.

Oof. 

This will definitely make readers sick: It's a small suitcase turntable from Urban Outfitters and the speakers make a deafening crackle when I adjust the volume. 

An audiophile's dream!

5. Do you read the lyrics and go over the inserts when you're spinning?

Nah, not really. Unless it's a Cursed record. Colohan's lyrics make me scared.

6. When someone says, I'm stupid for buying records, I tell them, thanks, more limited edition colored vinyl for me, what's your answer?

I say 'Yeah, well get with the times dick head!' and then I put my George Michael 'Faith' record next to my VHS collection. 

7. My first album ever was Live Evil by Black Sabbath, so I'm stuck on live albums. What's the best live album on vinyl?

KISS Alive! for the stage banter alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment