Monday, October 12, 2020

Beer Thirty with Altan Aydin of Never Elected

It's time to meet someone new. There's always another fish out there. 

Right now, I don't know what to buy. All of my faves haven't got a record out, but there's always someone else to meet.

(Of course I mean that they don't have new records I don't have...I have US + THEM, S&M2, etc.)

It's kind of like beer really. If your shop is out of that delicious double IPA you've been enjoying for the past few weeks, naturally they're going to have more of them out there.

Today, Never Elected's Altan Aydin.

What do you need to know about Never Elected that I can't tell you? This pretty sweet, rockin' music video ought to give you an idea of what they're all about... Check it HERE.

While you've got that going in the background, let's talk about America's number 1 beverage, BEER!

1. My personal favorite beer style is the might Double India Pale Ale. The best DIPA in the world is STLIPA by Urban Chestnut. Tell me about your favorite style.

My current favorite is the New England style IPA, the extra fruit and/or citrus notes with the hopes are very refreshing. 

2. Many international people have laughed at me for this, but American Beer is the best in the world. Not American Lagers, that piss water is best used for drinking 15 of them while you're at the karaoke bar, but American Craft Beer. Which nation is pumping out the best beer?

I definitely think America has great potential with their Craft Beers, I certainly enjoy my local microbreweries, but I can't fairly say America is "the best" since I haven't really experience much beer drinking outside of the US.

3. Even though I'm a giant beer snob, I'll drink beers that break the Bavarian Purity Laws. My personal favorite is Schalfly's Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout. It's a might 22oz of 10% ABV Stout aged in bourbon barrels. It'll warm your heart and soul.

What beers do you love that break Reinheitsgebot?

I'm not a big fan of these high ABV beers, which are essentially barley wines, but I found one from Aslin Brewery (located in Northern Virginia) that had a great complex taste. 

"Rich Girl", it's 13% ABV barley wine with maple, bacon, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Very tasty.

4. Right now, you couldn't pin me down and get me to give my favorite St. Louis Brewery, though Urban Chestnut's STLIPA does put them in the lead...but if you put a gun to my head, it's Schlafly Brewing. What do you think of your local brewers?

Aslin Brewery is one my favorite, but I have four other places I'd go to locally: Old Ox Brewery, Ocelot Brewery, Solace Brewery, and Crooked Run Brewery. 

There are other breweries around which are great but these are my go-to's.

5. Hops or Malt? Personally, I feel like a jerk for asking the question. Give me a malty Scottish/Scotch Ale or a hoppy DIPA...and I'm happy...but you gotta pick one.

Hands down, I'm a big Hops guy. 

I'll drink both but Hops is my go-to.

6. Whenever I'm road tripping. I'm always bringing back beers. Ohio, Great Lakes Brewing. East Coast, Yuengling. Western New  York. Genessee. What do you bring home?  

I was born and raised in Central Pennsylvania (so you might guess what I'll pick for this last question). Most definitely Yuengling.

No comments:

Post a Comment