Friday, October 9, 2020

Vinyloscopy with Pepe Poliquin of Endast

Who's out there right now spending time with their records in order to get a little bit of normalcy as we enter into the third season of the Great Covid-19 Pandemic?

That's certainly how I'm handling all of this. I've also been releasing videos on YouTube about vinyl and such. I hope you can check that out.

But, enough about me and the world we're living in...

Today, we get to hear again from Calgary, Alberta's Endast. If this is the first time you've heard the name, check out their VIDEO.

1. Listening to Black Sabbath's eponymous debut the night I got it blew me away.

What's the album that sounds the best on vinyl compared to digital sources? 

To me, all album sounds better on vinyl like Led Zeppelin II the newly remastered version blew my mind but at the same time this was made to be on vinyl but when I bought the Kublai Khan Nomad album that was made to be released digital is amazing on vinyl probably one of the best sounds I heard so far definitely the loudest.

 

2. I was laying in bed one night and couldn't sleep and I figured, it was time to start buying records. How did you come to the idea that it was time to start buying vinyl instead?

 

I never stopped buying vinyl.


It was just for a while during the late ’90s to 2010 that bands we not releasing albums on vinyl it was all CDs, but for me, it was a good time cause buying vinyl was cheaper cause it was not popular like dollar bins but now the prices are different even for albums I was paying 5$ in 2010 is now 45$ cause it’s the original release.

 

3. For my old stuff, it's vinyl worthy, for new stuff, it's all vinyl if available. Do you buy everything on wax or do you have a vinyl worthy category?

 

Now that pretty much everything is released on vinyl I buy on vinyl but I still buy some CDs like 5 for 20$ or something or if a local band is playing a show and they only have CDs, I’ll buy it 

 

4. My second living room is where I keep it all. Upstairs, my 1971 Sherwood 7100-S, Receiver,  1975 Pioneer PL-200, and 70's Sansui 5 way speakers. Tell us all about your vinyl set up.

 

I have 2 set ups one upstairs and one in the basement since I got my girlfriend into vinyl she’s the one who suggested to have a set up upstairs but I like to be downstairs by myself and listen and relax but my 2 set ups are the same except for the turntables.


I have a 1978 Hitachi PS-48 and 2018 Fluance RT80, Harmon Kardon AVR-7200 amplifier receiver and Energy C-4 speakers.

 

5. Do you read the lyrics and go over the inserts when you're spinning?

 

I doing sometimes but I’m usually doing something at the same times but when I was a kid I use to do that all the time.

 

6. When someone says, I'm stupid for buying records, I tell them, thanks, more limited edition colored vinyl for me, what's your answer?

 

Hahaha!!! Yeah, the color ones are really cool but the good old black is what I like and I buy records to listen to them if they are limited well lucky me I have a copy haha!!!

 

7. My first album ever was Live Evil by Black Sabbath, so I'm stuck on live albums. What's the best live album on vinyl?

 

I have 2 Ozzy Osbourne/Randy Rhoads Tribute and Iron Maiden Life after Death.

 

8. Tell me about your latest vinyl release.

 

Working on it as we speak haha!!!

 

9. Listening to records is my comfort food for my soul. As mentioned earlier, I have a living room dedicated to it. I normally drink a beer or two whilst listening to music I love. Describe your normal listening experience.

 

I’m a coffee drinker so enjoying a cuppa joe and relaxing on the couch and sometimes reading a biography book or comic books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment