Monday, October 5, 2020

Classic Spins with Charlie Cayouette of The Naked High

Who's out there right now wondering about what kind person is bigger into the non-makeup era of Kiss than the regular good era?

Well, I've found someone for you. Perched out in the very odd city of Montreal, we have The Naked High.

I think you're going to see how well their name fits. 

If you're not too confused, there's the BANDCAMP.

1. My favorite kind of album is the concept album. The Wall is my absolute favorite. Beyond the amazing songs, it has spectacular nostalgia for me. What's your favorite one and why? 

We prefer live albums: Ozzy's 1982 Tribute album, Pantera's 101 proof, Lamb of God's Killadelphia, BLS's Alcohol Fueled Brutality Live, etc...! 

The energy and the playing make it more genuine.

 2. My very first album was Live Evil b Black Sabbath. Since then I've had a strong affinity for the live record, even if they're a bit fake. KISS set the bar with Alive!. Surely, it was fake, but it's got the best concert feel of any one.

Tell me about your favorite live record?

Our ultimate favorite is Tribute by Ozzy because of Randy Fucking Rhoads.

3. There are a great number of records I've turned to for my moods. What do you listen to when you're angry? Sad? 

Angry: Pantera's The Great Southern Trendkill

Sad: Alice in Chains, Crowbar

4. One of my friends laughs at me, routinely, for loving the Misfit Toys of albums by major bands. Lulu by Metallica and Lou Reed, Carnival of Souls by Kiss, Diabolous En Musica by Slayer, etc. 

What's the strange one that you love? 

Simon our singer likes the no make-up era of Kiss 🤷‍♂️

5. It's almost fashionable to release live versions of albums or re-record the old ones. King Diamond is releasing a concert with Abigail front to back. Roger Waters has done The Wall twice. Which ones do you have in your collection?  

Pretty much anything live by Ozzy 🤘

No comments:

Post a Comment