Thursday, November 30, 2017

Format Interview: Horse Head's Chris Gisrael

Horse Head
These interviews have been very interesting to me. 

If this is your first dance, we are asking several recording artists what they thing of music and formats in general.

There's been a lot of the same, in this case, Master of Puppets, but then there are those things that make you scratch your head. Today's interviewee, Chris Gisrael of Horse Head loves Yob and hates Live Albums.

Yob is great, but as someone who just loves the live record....this stuff doesn't compute for me...well, I'm not going to give you all of his answers...

See below!


1. The first album I ever owned was?

Metallica – Master of Puppets. Listening to “Battery” brings me right back to my angst-filled teenage years every time.

2. My favorite album of all time is....

Yob – “The Great Cessation” (also the only album that ever made me cry from how good the riffs are).

3. The album with the best art is...

Dragged Into Sunlight – “Hatred for Mankind”. The album artwork is terrifying and I love it.

4. My favorite heavy metal album of all time is...

Because my favorite album of all time is a heavy metal album, this is the same question as #2.

5. My favorite album of all time (Any genre is)

This is the same question as #2.

6. My favorite live album of all time is...

I don’t like any live albums. Why listen to a live album when you can listen to the studio recording and it sounds exactly how they want it to sound. The best live albums sound exactly like studio recordings.

7. My favorite album format is.....


Whatever isn’t Fourier transformed… .wav is just fine if we’re referring to electronic formats. 

If we’re talking CD/tape/vinyl, vinyl preserved the original waveforms of the recording therefore its sound is inherently better than the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment