Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Beer Thirty with Hollow Leg

Hollow Leg
Let's check out the Hollow Leg fellows on more time.

By now, you've read my review of Civilizations and clearly it's time to think about what kind of beer the men there enjoy right?

Well, here you go. As you've still got 11 days till their masterpiece of sludge drops on your face, let's find out what kind of beers they're drinking.

What kind are you drinking?

1. My personal favorite beer style is the might Double India Pale Ale. The best DIPA in the world is STLIPA by Urban Chestnut. Tell me about your favorite style.

It varies especially based on seasonality, but a lot of session IPAs, more citrusy beers... also pilsners and lagers are nice easy drinking beers, but in colder months the heavier darker beers are more welcome for sure.

2. Many international people have laughed at me for this, but American Beer is the best in the world. Not American Lagers, that piss water is best used for drinking 15 of them while you're at the karaoke bar, but American Craft Beer. Which nation is pumping out the best beer?

Czech Republic always and forever... Germany has some badass beers also

3. Even though I'm a giant beer snob, I'll drink beers that break the Bavarian Purity Laws. My personal favorite is Schalfly's Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout. It's a might 22oz of 10% ABV Stout aged in bourbon barrels. It'll warm your heart and soul. What beers do you love that break Reihnheitsgebot?

(It) seems like a lot more beers are made with fruit flavors in them now, some good and many not so much, but can definitely get behind some of the more citrusy beers (grapefruit IPAs especially).

Also some of the sour beers that have watermelon or citrus flavors are really cool... there’s a local brewery here in Jacksonville that does a Cherry-Lime Gose that is super refreshing

4. Right now, you couldn't pin me down and get me to give my favorite St. Louis Brewery, though Urban Chestnut's STLIPA does put them in the lead...but if you put a gun to my head,it's Schlafly Brewing. What do you think of your local brewers?

They're much improved in recent years...

Florida doesn’t have very good water so brewing has been a challenge, but I think it’s come a long way in the last five years for sure...

Intuition, Engine 15, Aardwolf are all making great beers in Jacksonville

5. Hops or Malt? Personally, I feel like a jerk for asking the question. Give me a malty Scottish/Scotch Ale or a hoppy DIPA...and I'm happy...but you gotta pick one.

Again it’s kind of seasonal for me.. in the heat of summer, IPAs and hops are great, and those tend to be some of the better beers in this area, but winter time...

I can definitely down some Belgian style beers, those are also a bit more food friendly

6. Whenever I'm road tripping. I'm always bringing back beers. Ohio, Great Lakes Brewing. East Coast, Yuengling. Western New York. Genessee. What do you bring home?

 Being born and raised in New England I will always try and grab some of the Western Massachusetts and Vermont beers that aren’t available in other parts of the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment