Thursday, January 17, 2019

Beer Thirty with Texas Metal Outlaws's Robert Williams

The Texas Metal Outlaws have put out their blistering power/groove metal extravaganza, aka their self titled debut, on vinyl via TMU Records.

If you like anything metal from the 80's, you should probably pick that up via BANDCAMP.

Because it makes absolute perfect sense, instead discussing all that's glorious about that new record, we're going to talk about beer.


1. My personal favorite beer style is the might Double India Pale Ale. The best DIPA in the world is STLIPA by Urban Chestnut. Tell me about your favorite style.

I like cheap domestic beer. My go to beer is Rolling Rock. I can get a twelve pack for about ten bucks at 7-11. If I'm in a fancy mood, I'll spend a little extra and get Dos Equis. 

Years ago there was a 24oz sold at corner stores called the Dos-A-Rita. It was about 7.5 ABV synthetic margarita and if you had three of them in a row you'd fall over and vomit. 

Those were my favorite drink ever but they got discontinued because not enough people enjoy falling over and vomiting. 

Live a little, folks!

2. Many international people have laughed at me for this, but American Beer is the best in the world. Not American Lagers, that piss water is best used for drinking 15 of them while you're at the karaoke bar, but American Craft Beer. Which nation is pumping out the best beer?

I don't really care. I just drink beer to get drunk while I listen to records. 

3. Even though I'm a giant beer snob, I'll drink beers that break the Bavarian Purity Laws. My personal favorite is Schalfly's Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout. It's a might 22oz of 10% ABV Stout aged in bourbon barrels. It'll warm your heart and soul. 

What beers do you love that break Reinheitsgebot?

Now that you mention it, a few years back I used to buy pints of Chocolate Stout. It tasted like chocolate and packed a punch! 

Total win-win situation if you ask me.

4. Right now, you couldn't pin me down and get me to give my favorite St. Louis Brewery, though Urban Chestnut's STLIPA does put them in the lead...but if you put a gun to my head,it's Schlafly Brewing. What do you think of your local brewers?

I think that they have a fun and interesting occupation but not interesting enough to motivate me to leave my metal dungeon and drink at their brewery. 

The perfect evening for me is a fridge full of beer and absolute control over the jukebox. When you go places you have to pay a little extra for beer and listen to whatever music they happen to be playing. 

Also, sometimes you find yourself having to have conversations that have nothing to do with heavy metal and you ask yourself "Why did I venture out?" 

Clearly the best place to party is at home. 

5. Hops or Malt? Personally, I feel like a jerk for asking the question. Give me a malty Scottish/Scotch Ale or a hoppy DIPA...and I'm happy...but you gotta pick one.

Well, I fucking despise IPA's with a passion and I think those have a lot of hops so I'm gonna go with malt on this one. 

6. Whenever I'm road tripping. I'm always bringing back beers. Ohio, Great Lakes Brewing. East Coast, Yuengling. Western New York. Genessee. What do you bring home? 

Memories and a backpack full of dirty, sweat soaked clothes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment