Friday, September 14, 2018

Foods We Love with Overhung

Mumbai's Overhung are having a nice spot of unbother in the world.

They've recently made their North American debut after Test Your Metal Records released Movin Ahead. You can check that out HERE.

If you love Kiss, Zeppelin, and all of those bands we all remember, it might behoove you to explore the grooves coming to you all the way from India.

You should probably ask them about their name on FACEBOOK, because I have no clue what it means.

For now though, let's find out about the foodish proclivities!

1. For me, lunch is usually the meal where I don't have to deal with the Napoleon of Food. So it's my favorite meal. What's your best meal of the day?

Dinner for me.. Need to slam it down and slip into a Food induced coma.

2. What's your most important meal of the day?

Best and most important stays DINNER!! Usually around 1am or thereabouts.

3. In St. Louis have a local delicacy called the slinger. What's your hometown's delicacy? We prefer this to be an expose...tell us what only the locals know.

Bombay (Mumbai) is home to the Vada Pav, also sometimes called the "Indian Burger" but it's not a countrywide thing at all. Widely available at any street corner along the length and width of the city, cheap and satisfying. 

The locals swear by it and the outsiders can never get enough. From the homeless, jobless and the struggling musician or artiste to the guy passing by in his swanky Ferrari, everyone loves the Vada Pav. 

The Vada Pav is basically a Potato Patty coated with batter and Deep Fried (Vada) and served in a Unique soft Bun (Pav) with variations of a Spicy green Chilli sauce and powdered chilly garlic (again a local specialty)

4. Breakfast. When I'm not taking down a slinger, it's all about bacon and breakfast potatoes/hash browns in my house. What about you?

For a person who wakes up closer to noon, breakfast is not something I really think about much but bacon with Hash Browns sure sounds great.

5. I like my coffee cold and my tea with milk in it. What's your preferred caffeine delivery device?

Tea brewed with Ginger.. topped off with milk.. 

6. I've largely stopped drinking soda, because I could use those calories for beer. Where are you at here?

A little Cola in my Rum. From the time I heard Cola is bad for you, I usually add more Rum and lesser Cola.

7. Best beer/spirit/whatever?

RUM.. RUM and MORE RUM ... #wherestherum #theremustberum #rumnrocknroll Old Monk and Sikkim Rum - From India  / Appleton Estate - Jamaican / Smith & Cross - Also Jamaican I think

8. I'm a Philistine when it comes to pairings. I just drink what I want with my food. What about you?


With Food, it's usually only water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment