Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Foods We Love with Striker

In case you haven't noticed, the Foods We Love column has made a bit of a comeback.

While I was putting my daughter's hockey gear on, it finally occurred to me, there's a country above us called Canada.

Despite many years of open warfare, subtle warfare, and us planning to take out the curling team, either via curling or sniper, Canada maintains they're a totally different country and  not the 51st State in the USA...

All that said, today we're looking into a Juno Nominated Artist, Edmonton's Striker. They're a noodly doodly metal band out of the northern most (populated) city in the great province of Alberta.

Think of it as Canadian Texas, but really, really cold.

So, how's the food you ask?

1. For me, lunch is usually the meal where I don't have to deal with the Napoleon of Food. So it's my favorite meal. What's your best meal of the day?

Gotta eat those Shreddies for breakfast so I can shred hard every single day!

2. What's your most important meal of the day?

Shreddies bro Shreddies! Metal for breakfast!

3. In St. Louis have a local delicacy called the slinger. What's your hometown's delicacy? We prefer this to be an expose...tell us what only the locals know.

In Edmonton, I'd have to say we have some pretty excellent donut shops, and burger places too actually. Alberta beef is the best! 

There are lots of gourmet burger places that make some really excellent food. I know that's sort of all across North America too to some extent, but the Edmonton ones are right up there at the top!

4. Breakfast. When I'm not taking down a slinger, it's all about bacon and breakfast potatoes/hash browns in my house. What about you?

Shred. At all times. Shreddies!

5. I like my coffee cold and my tea with milk in it. What's your preferred caffeine delivery device?

Fun fact, I am actually allergic to caffeine. So no coffee, no tea, no red bull, none of that stuff. I can have some chocolate but definitely not much, or sometimes I have a cold green tea. 

If I need to stay awake I don't need caffeine, I just think about shredding, and how nu metal bands could have possibly been popular with no shred. That's what keeps me up at night.

6. I've largely stopped drinking soda, because I could use those calories for beer. Where are you at here?

Well since I can't drink caffeinated beverages that rules out most sodas/pops... So basically I only drink water and beer! Some milk in my Shreddies though.

7. Best beer/spirit/whatever?

There's so many delicious beers, I couldn't name just one. Though some of my all time favorites are Munich/Bavarian beers, like Hofbrau, Franziskaner, Erdinger too... 

Having a day off in Munich and heading to the beer halls is my day off on tour! That being said the USA has some really great beers too, especially the mighty IPA, and Canada has some really great breweries in Quebec and also our pals at Sea Change Brewery and Yellowhead Brewery here in Edmonton!

8. I'm a Philistine when it comes to pairings. I just drink what I want with my food. What about you?

I'll drink anything and eat anything, as long as it shreds.

No comments:

Post a Comment