Thursday, September 20, 2018

LP Review: "Human Annihilation" by Ruin

Human Annihilation
When the right music hits me at the right time, it's one of the best feelings in the world.

Right now, your friend and humble narrator is dealing with a chest cold that's been spreading about my body in slow motion. It started two weeks ago with a pain in my throat.

Then slowly, it spread to my chest, and now it's in all places in my body. It's been absolute misery, but it has gotten me out of a bit of housework. So there is a small upside, though my house is a bit messy....

Ruin's latest LP, Human Annihilation, feels like that chest cold. It's a brutally obscene slab of death metal, but it's unlike most forms of the genre, because the music is slow. Well, it's slow for extreme metal anyway.

The vocals sound like coagulating blood. The mixture of the vocals and the rest of the band is one of the most exquisite pieces of ugliness to hit my ears in some time.

Ruin is so brutal, they're making me wonder if their album even counts as proper music, but that's why it's amazing. It's something new and evil.

Release: 10/22/18 BANDCAMP

No comments:

Post a Comment