Friday, December 18, 2015

Album Review: "NOMTOMBOT" by Dildo of God

NOMTOMBOT
Hip-hop, rap, all that stuff.

Frankly, it's criminally underrated on this blog.

I've been listening to the blues's nephew for as long as I can remember. I was a fan of the Fat Boys, Run DMC, The Beasties, Grand Master Flash, Eazy-E, and more back in the early, middle, and late 80's, much less the 90's.

In the 90's, I learned about nerd rap and it just went off. MC Chris, MC Lars, Adam WarRock, Richie Branson, Megaran.

Here though, I probably only review rap once or twice a lifetime. I'm not sure why I don't get any sent to me. I try, but no one submits it. Today, we've got a band called Dildo of God.

They're a space rap super group of sorts that are on the cusp of releasing their debut record, NOMTOMBOT.

Dildo of God
With a name like that, I think we're all going to at least take notice and with lyrics like "see you in hell, Jesus," there's definitely a bit of a theme here perhaps?

Perhaps not.

Much like their name, they are talking about what they see and ripping down walls.

No topics are off limits and the dialog gets a little salty from time to time, but they've always got something to say.

The flow on the raps is top notch. The lyrics are spit out quickly and articulately.

Fuzzymoto and Daily Planet are on it from the word go.

Honestly, what's the point of pouring out over a piece of paper if I can't understand anything you've just told me? Then you're spent and I'm confused.

Like much of the modern rap scene, there is a female singing hooks and even taking time on the verses. Dottie Na$h isn't just a one trick pony. From pretty singing, to Nelly inspired rapping, and sarcastically sung choruses. She kills it over and over.

Tommy Flake, the insecutal sound wizard, has created this spaced out world of sound that would impress Shabbaz Palaces.

All over the place, but laser like focus. Dildo of God.

Release: 1/15/16
Genre: Rap
Label: Side Recs
Facebook Link


No comments:

Post a Comment