Monday, November 25, 2019

1UP with Ghost:Hello

Lately, my Gamecube has been getting quite a workout. My daughter and I have been playing my Japanese Edition of Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Plus...but in English Mode...

When you're playing games, it's only natural to want to talk about them. 

Today we check back in with Ghost:Hello.

Did you get their VINYL record yet?

Glacially Musical: My first system was a pong clone, the yellow and black Odessey 300. What was your first Console? 

The very first Game system we had was a full sized Galaxia Arcade game. 

My dad got it from the bar down the road I believe. We would open up the lock box and flick the trigger where the coins fell to give ourselves unlimited credits and we’d stand in the dining room chair and play all day.

Since then we’ve collected a few more arcade games. Most notably the early 90’s multi player X-men game.  

GM: My stepdad was certain we'd destroy the TV playing Pong so we had to play it in secret, either when he was a sleep or when he was out of the house. Did you have to jump through any hoops to play games?

Through various stages in life I’m sure I had to earn the right to the tv. Chores or whatever. 
The most notable came way later in life after I had been married though.  I was on a World of  Warcraft raid team and we raided twice a week.. unless it was summer..

Some sort of power issue lead to our inability to run my admittedly beefy computer simultaneously with the air conditioner.  

Thus creating the effect that Nina Aptly named my “HOT HOT HELL; that she so adamantly and thoroughly described herself as being unable to live in.

GM: What about hand held games? Is that something you ever got into?

In the late 80’s  my dad had been gifted a hand held space Invaders type of game and it took like 600 AA batteries, so we only used it 4 times.  

A little later my sister acquired a handheld Lion King from that champion of children,  uncle Max, dressed like Santa but driving a sea foam green Mercury Monterey and doing a terrible job of hiding it.  

These we’re pretty much as far as we got.  Around the same time we got a Sega with Shinobi III, life over.  

GM: The idea of not being able to play something drove me nuts, so I started playing games in their original Japanese. Did you ever get into imports?


I never got into imports. I was able to beta test ESO and a few other MMORPG games.   

Which has literally nothing to do with the question but it was sweet.  Nothing like playing your game as a naked lizard woman because the game is still in development and glitching everywhere.  

GM: What's your favorite sports game?

I've never been into sports. Not in real life, on TV, and inevitably not as a video game.  However, we somehow came to own Madden 92 for Sega. 

I remember playing it with now estranged cousins and hating it. Really, not a fan, I’m telling ya. 

Catch me playing Street Fighter II, Streets of Rage II, Earthworm Jim, or any of the Disney games.  
 I remember going to blockbuster to rent Mortal Combat when that came out.  That was more my style. 

GM: Dragon Warrior got me hooked on turn based RPGs, something that's still happening. What's your favorite style of game and what was the first one you played?

My favorite is MMORPG.


I’ve spent more hours on World of Warcraft in a 10 year career than I’d like to admit.  With a handful of days spent on Diablo & ESO.

I grew up with Blizzard Entertainment and have always been a big fan of their games. 

I really enjoy the open world mixed with the online player ecosystem. WoW just happened to be my favorite. 

GM: Favorite system?
It’s always going to be a PC for me.  Doesn’t matter if I’m gaming, drawing, or mixing music. I’m always at home in front of a pc.

We got our first computer in 1995 or something. A hand-me-down from my aunt. Might have even had a Commodore 64 before that, anyway.. from there I tinkered and grew up  along with the development of the personal computer market.

I’m no whiz but the last few I built rather than bought.  

No comments:

Post a Comment