Thursday, November 21, 2019

Asian Cuisine with Mountain Dust

Mountain Dust
We are talking again to Montreal's Mountain Dust. Can I start this off by saying that Mountain Dust is a really cool  name for a band?

Then when you consider that they're a stoner band which when coupled with a pre-internet rumour I heard about Montreal back in the way back about the city having decriminalized pot back in the late 90's...and hash dens sprouting up..

Well it just all makes sense to me, but if you're into that kind of rock and spinning those records on your platter..

Go to their STORE.

1. We are all brought up eating Chinese Food. What's your go to order from the Chinese Takeout place?

Probably pan-fried noodles. Bonus if there's leftover sauce from another dish.

2. For basically all of my young life into early adulthood, I never really ate any Far Eastern cuisines apart from Americanized Chinese Food. What was your gateway food?

I'm still eating Americanized Chinese food like a chump, and as a result, I eat it pretty rarely. 

Help.

3. After having tried it on my 26th birthday, Sushi, and sashimi specifically, has become basically my absolute favorite food. Tell me what you think of Japan's gift to the world.

I only eat vegetarian sushi, and it's great; yams, avocado, whatever else, but not cucumber. I love cucumbers but cucumber sushi...not for me. 

And this isn't because I'm vegetarian, I'm just one of those people that hates seafood. Wish I did, and I've tried at various stages of my life. 

Still hate it.

4. Now, a billion people cannot be wrong and that's not including the converts around the world. England, I'm looking at you. Curry. We're going to be needing a treatise on your attitudes and tastes regarding this Indian delight.

Love it. 

All Indian food is the best food. It's also my favorite food to cook at home. My next challenge is to try making my own naan. 

Probably won't go well, still gonna try.

5. Another food my wife kind of got me into was Vietnamese. St. Louis has a great scene here. I'm crazy into the hot pots. 

What's your favorite?

There's a lot of good (or so I'm told) Vietnamese places in Montreal's Chinatown. I've eaten at one of them once. 

I don't remember what I had, some sort of soup, but it was pretty good.

6. In the end, there's a great world of food on the other side of the world. What's your favorite Asian Cuisine?

Indian all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment