Monday, November 18, 2019

Pizza Pie Do or Die with Cult of Sorrow

Let's talk again to those Midwestern Rockers, Cult of Sorrow.

They've got this record out there in the world.

You can get it in any flavor you like, CD, digital, or Purple Splatter. If you're into that doom metal like you say you are...


If not, just order some pizza.

1. Pizza is the world's most perfect food. This is not up for debate. 

Please define pizza as based on your geographical location.

Hi! This is Jerry Lovett from Cult Of Sorrow. Pizza is one of my favorite foods. 

I try to eat it at least once a week. I'm from Cincinnati Ohio, so there really isn't a defined style here although we have some great pizza places. 

Most of it is your typical thin/medium crust pizza, topped however you like, although the wood fired pizza craze has been coming up strong for the past few years.

2. It's going to get controversial now. Pineapple on Pizza. Why or why not? 


I've had pineapple on pizza, but can't say I really was all that into it. Not nasty, but noting to seek out. I love pineapple, but don't think of pizza as a food to have it's sweetness on.

3. For literally years, my family didn't order pizza from the take out places. We made Chef Boyardee boxed pizzas. After that, we only ordered St. Louis Style from Imo's. 

But finally in the LATE EIGHTIES, I had Domino's Pizza. Tell me your tale.


I grew up in a place called Hamilton Ohio, about 45 min north of Cincinnati. We had 2 local places that had been around forever named Richards and Milillo's. 

For my early years it was the only pizza in town. When I was in high school we got Domino's and Pizza Hut. I thought it was great, but once I got older realized how much better those old places were and how lucky we were to have them growing up. 

The chains just don't compare!

4. St. Louis Style Pizza is the perfect pizza, especially if you enjoy bragging about how much pizza you can eat, but when I'm out in other parts of the country, I seek out Chicago Style Pizza. What do you look for?


I'm a thin crust, hand tossed pizza guy. I like to taste toppings, not dough. The crust is just a means to deliver the toppings into my mouth

5. Pepperoni, started giving me heartburn. So I switched to green peppers or onions. What's your go to topping?


I like pepperoni, onions, green peppers and sometime sausage, depending on the place. I'm also a sauce guy, so I often order mine with extra sauce.

6. What do you look for in pairing beer with your pie?


I like a good German styled Pils if available, USA brewed, not import. It's washes the pizza down nicely, but without filling me up so I can eat more pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment