Friday, October 16, 2015

Album Review: "Notturno" by Australasia

Notturno
Let's have some real talk about the state of music in October 2015.

I've said for a few years now that we are living in the best time to be a fan of music and the worst time to be a musician.

As a fan, I can get music from artists all over the globe who have access to a computer. I can see bands I love, fairly big ones, in small clubs and theaters.

The musicians though, they're kind of getting the short end here. I started this blog in order to combat the prevailing opinion of my set...that new music all sucks.

Well, I'm proud of what I've accomplished here and thankful to the artists, labels, PR companies, etc who seek me out for my opinion. Today's the kind of day where I feel so lucky to be me.

The moral is...the music is there. The songs are strong. The artists need support.

Australasia
I have a few rules about what I will and will not review.

I don't review post-anything, but I will review anything that comes in a physical copy.

Well today, let's talk about a piece of Italian blackened post-rock music.

Note the use of the term piece.

Gian Spalluto is the brains, fingers, and spine of Australasia.

From the opening track to the mournful denouement, Spalluto will have you on the edge of your seat.

This album evokes emotion, pictures, feelings, and anticipation.

Many albums that leave the listener wanting, will often intentionally leave them wanting, but when these pieces of music reach their fever pitch, the crescendo into destruction. The tracks are chilling, evocative, and flat out scary.

Have this playing on speakers on Halloween and watch the children squirm.

In 2015...few artists can make a full length album of this caliber. While many are trying to craft four minutes of brilliance, Australasia takes the listener on a journey from start to finish.

Release: 9/18/15
Genre: Blackened Post-Rock
Label: Apocalyptic Witchcraft
Facebook Link
Purchase Link $9 US

No comments:

Post a Comment