Friday, July 6, 2018

Film School With Hate Diplomacy

Hate Diplomacy
There's a brutal death metal band that's come out of Puerto Rico, Hate Diplomacy, although these days, they're living in New York City.

They've just released their debut LP, Rant. You can order that HERE.

While you're streaming that banger of a debut, why not find out what Dimas, the founder and guitarist, loves about movies.

1. What's the first movie you remember seeing as a child? 

For some reason when I was 3 or 4 I used to wake up in the middle of the night and turn on the tv in the leaving room and everything they were showing was horror movies.

My mom told me she caught me watching all kinds of scary stuff but the only one I remember is The Exorcist. Something about it was entertaining to me and made me curious so I remembered many scenes.

2. When I was little, my parents didn't give a damn about what I saw when I was little, so it wasn't until I was about 12 that my folks told me to turn a movie off. What's the first one you were told you couldn't see/finish? 

Hahahaa I think my parents were really open about it as you can see. My mom studied criminology so even when I was 12 or less I was watching all kinds of real crime stuff.

3. The only time I walked out on a movie was when I saw An American Werewolf in London,. I was too scared, but in fairness, I was five. Have you ever walked out?

I've never walked out of the movie theater even though I wanted to when watching Zoolander 2. To be fair when I was 5, I ended up falling asleep when going to the movies with my dad.

Which for the first 14 years of my life was like every week.

4. Seeing The Empire Strikes Back in theaters sparked a lifelong love of Star Wars flicks. That was the first movie that I saw that brought me into a community. What's yours? 

I wish I was born when the first trilogy of Star Wars was in theaters. But I went through the same as you with Lord of The Rings and Harry Potter.

Even though I was never a hardcore fan that memorizes everything. I did read some of the books and enjoyed everything about them in the early 2000's

5. For the past 25 years plus of my life, I've been watching the Monty Python flicks and give me four minutes and I'll recite any scene from Monty Python and The Holy Grail at you. What can you watch that many times? 

Well this is gonna be a weird answer but please bare with me. Forest Gump. Why? Because I watched it many times in my youth and one day everything changed cus I was watching it with my dad and he told me "You see? He achieves everything in life because he is too dumb to see the obstacles.

We even create obstacles that are not there." Is truly something that taught me a lot and I still watch the movie at least once a year.

6. Comedies are the movies that really help me escape from daily life, well, those and Sci-Fi/Fantasy. What about you? 

I really enjoy a movie based in real life. There's something about that that makes it my favorite kind of movie to watch and then research about it and learn Thanks so much for the interview I really enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment