Thursday, April 25, 2019

LP Review: "Neon Graves" by Goregӓng

Neon Graves
Death metal is still my favorite kind of extreme metal. Perhaps the venerable subgenre isn't kvlt enovgh or brvtvl en0vgh?

It's still what captures my imagination and places a hook in my nose when it's time to play something exceptionally metal.

The issue is that of all the death metal out there, most of it is kind of shit.

The best death metal comes from bands that either started the formulas, altered the formulas, or just give me an alternate take on the genre.

With that in mind, I present Goregӓng to you today. My information lists them as a Death/Doom/Crust Metal band.

That's a lot of words to describe this band who just thunders out some metal. What these Americans have done is find a style of music that fits in neatly between Grindcore and Death Metal from the 80's, but that's not specific enough.

They took that specific kind of metal that they created and then modernized it. They've polished their missing link metal into something new. Get on it.

RELEASE 5/20/19 BANDCAMP FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment