Friday, April 5, 2019

Pizza Pie Do or Die with Lords of the Trident

Lords of the Trident
Look, there's absolutely no secret that I cannot get enough of Madison's own Lords of the Trident.

Apparently the feeling is mutual and they can't quite stop themselves from talking to me...at least via these ridiculous columns that I keep making.

As these Pagan/Power/MadHatter Metallers keep making with the answers, I'll keep pointing out to you that by now every reader should have SHADOWS OF THE PAST on vinyl by now.

However, in the meantime, let's find out how Lords of the Trident fills their belly when they're getting ready to raid a castle.

I bet it's pizza.

1. Pizza is the world's most perfect food. This is not up for debate. Please define pizza as based on your geographical location.

We’re so close to Chicago (2.5-hour drive), we’ve got a great selection of Chicago-style pizza in the area. That being said, there are a few local shops that make things that are distinctly

Midwestern. For example, we’ve got a mac & cheese pizza, or a cheese curd pizza. One local spot even does a poutine pizza. It’s nuts and very artery-clogging.


2. Let's get controversial. Pineapple on pizza. Why or why not?


HELL no, at least not for me. I’m a simple barbarian warrior. I like my pizza full of meat, and my beer and pineapple COLD.

The only reason pineapple should be hot is if it’s covered in cinnamon and served at a Brazilian steakhouse.


3. For literally years, my family didn't order pizza from the take out places. We made Chef Boyardee boxed pizzas. After that, we only ordered St. Louis Style from Imo's. But finally, in the LATE EIGHTIES, I had Domino's Pizza.

Tell me your tale.


I grew up on Pizza Hut, because as a true midwesterner, I absolutely loved the idea of having cheese stuffed inside the crust.

They also had a WrestleMania arcade cabinet at my local hut which I must’ve put hundreds of dollars into over the years. Dominos was an “every once and a while” sort of deal, but mostly Pizza Hut.


4. St. Louis Style Pizza is the perfect pizza, especially if you enjoy bragging about how much pizza you can eat, but when I'm out in other parts of the country, I seek out Chicago Style Pizza. What do you look for?


For me, it’s all about the quality of the ingredients. Some of the best places locally here use only fresh ingredients from within a 30-mile radius.

It really adds something to the overall experience. I always try to go local whenever possible, because let’s face it - we already know exactly what the chain pizzas are going to taste like.

I’m always up for being pleasantly surprised!


5. Pepperoni started giving me heartburn. So I switched to green peppers or onions. What's your go-to topping?


Sausage and mushrooms, for sure. One of my favorite strange combinations would have to be sausage, mushroom, crumbled bacon, and sundried tomatoes.


6. What do you look for in pairing beer with your pie?


Depends on the pie! But I usually like a darker beer - stout or porter - along with my pizza. I’m usually getting a meat pizza so I feel like the sweeter, darker beer pairs well with the salty meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment