Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Pizza Pie Do or Die with Forever Autumn

Forever Autumn
In case you didn't know, doom metal doesn't require an SG.

You can get it done with acoustic instruments. There's been how many different bands in the world that've made metal or doomed out songs without distortion. Honestly, consider The Fur Elise.

That thing is creepy and doomy innit? There's nary a Peavy 5150 Amp head near it.

While you're thinking about all that kind of great stuff in the world, set your mind to Massachusetts. Also I have no idea how to spell that state, so I did have to work hard to get that little red squiggly sent away.

Acoustic doom act Forever Autumn is riding the post release euphoria from Howls In The Forest At Dusk.

You should do yourself a solid and stream that over at BANDCAMP while you're reading about their pizza preferences.

1. Pizza is the world's most perfect food. This is not up for debate. Please define pizza as based on your geographical location.

I live in New England.  I don't feel like we have a signature style of pizza here.  There are a myriad of styles available, but if you want the real thing, like New York or Chicago style then you will have to go right to the source.  

We do have many Greek places around here and I am quite keen on their pizza style.

2. It's going to get controversial now. Pineapple on Pizza. Why or why not?

Pineapple on pizza?  Yes, please!  It is hard to define why save for that reason we all can't understand;  I just like it.  

No other fruit would work so well on the pizza.  There is something about that pineapple that is just pleasing.  I know that they make Hawaiian pizzas, but I don't like the ham, and care little for coconut, but give me a pineapple pizza, I am golden!

3. For literally years, my family didn't order pizza from the take out places. We made Chef Boyardee boxed pizzas. After that, we only ordered St. Louis Style from Imo's. But finally in the LATE EIGHTIES, I had Domino's Pizza. Tell me your tale.

We were another family of grocery store pizzas.  Many were consuming those little Ellio's pizzas at the tyme, but we didn't buy a lot of name-brand things.  We had the generic knock-off from our local Stop & Shop.  

I come from a large family and occasionally my grandmother would stock Red Baron pizzas at the haus.  I would choose Red Baron agayne for freezer-section pizza.  

At tyme when we were at the haus and staying the nyght, some of my uncles would get Tyler Street pizza (which is one of those local Greek places mentioned above).  

Perhaps that waes the first real take-out pizza.

4. St. Louis Style Pizza is the perfect pizza, especially if you enjoy bragging about how much pizza you can eat, but when I'm out in other parts of the country, I seek out Chicago Style Pizza. What do you look for?

I have not had the privilege of sampling St. Louis style pizza.  

When I am at travel I don't find myself seeking a particular style, perhaps just what I can find locally.  Often one will do some cursory research and information gathering to find "the best place in town."

Those tend to be worth the hunt.

5. Pepperoni, started giving me heartburn. So I switched to green peppers or onions. What's your go to topping?

Unfortunate that you can no longer enjoy the wondrous taste of pepperoni.  I feel for you, I really do.  
Green peppers and onions are wonderful on pizza but if I could choose but one go-to topping, I would rewind to your nemesis; pepperoni.

6. What do you look for in pairing beer with your pie?

No longer do I consume alcohol so this question is nearly lost on me, at least from a contemporary standpoint.  

I can reveal though, that when I did drink, I would pair Guinness with ev'rtything.  If I look beyond the limitations of beer, I go to "olde reliable:"  chocolate milk.  

prrfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment