Friday, March 13, 2020

Classic Spins with Lost Legacy

You know what's fun?

Ordering music from Europe. Lost Legacy's got a new CD out with Pure Steel Records. I bet you can't navigate the German website without hitting google translate!

Try it HERE.

If that's a bit much, you can always look at their latest video on YOUTUBE.

Now, let's find out what records really captured their imagination!

1. My favorite kind of album is the concept album. The Wall is my absolute favorite. Beyond the amazing songs, it has spectacular nostalgia for me. 

What's your favorite one and why? 

That is a hard question because there are so many albums I love. I would say Van Halen 1. In 1978 I was into KISS, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Boston etc.

But when I heard Van Halen 1 for the first time, it changed my life forever. Eddie Van Halen just inspired me and I loved the songs. They were happy party songs.

When I listen to that album it still puts a smile on my face.

2. My very first album was Live Evil by Black Sabbath. Since then I've had a strong affinity for the live record, even if they're a bit fake. KISS set the bar with Alive!. Surely, it was fake, but it's got the best concert feel of anyone. Tell me about your favorite live record?

I was heavily influenced by 80’s metal which we now call “Hair Metal” but from that era, I found Dokken to be an outstanding band and I was instantly hooked.

George Lynch is one of my favorite guitar players. There are two albums I love Beast from the East and Lynch Mob’s Revolution Live.

Lynch writes amazing melodies and his playing is very inspirational in these albums.

3. There are a great number of records I've turned to for my moods. What do you listen to when you're angry? Sad?

I like to listen to Testament when I'm angry. I love the aggression in their music and Chuck Billy is an amazing vocalist. I love Practice What you Preach.

I also like Megadeth when I'm angry. Dave Mustaine writes amazing riffs and his voice sounds angry. If I'm sad, I'll listen to Journey.

Not because I think all their music is nostalgic but many are packed with emotion and they have fantastic tunes that stand the test of time.

And let's not forget Neal Shon what a phenomenal player he is.

4. One of my friends laughs at me, routinely, for loving the Misfit Toys of albums by major bands. Lulu by Metallica and Lou Reed, Carnival of Souls by Kiss, Diabolous En Musica by Slayer, etc. What's the strange one that you love?

Well, I like “Asylum by KISS. Many people hate that album, but for some reason I enjoy it. Bruce Kullick was kick ass on that record.  (Note: I hate that record.)

Sometimes I'll like one or two songs by bands I typically do not listen too, Mudvayne has this song “Dig” that has a great bass line and drum groove.

I'll listen to every once in a while. It's a fun song.

5. It's almost fashionable to release live versions of albums or re-record the old ones. King Diamond is releasing a concert with Abigail front to back. Roger Waters has done The Wall twice. Which ones do you have in your collection?

It funny, because I love power metal, thrash and progressive stuff but I find myself still having a strong connection with the hair metal bands from the 80’s.

I really like Fire House “Full Circle” they re-recorded their hits and they have such great voices and harmonies and I really like Bill Leverty. I like his melodies and his guitar tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment