Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Pizza Pie Do or Die with Hi/Jack

Drummer Ron "Hi" Terrell and guitarist/vocalist Max "Jack" Liam met in Milwaukee's underground music scene in 2014, becoming fast friends and a collaborators.  

The band released a debut full length, No Cover, in 2015, followed by a live album in 2016, Turn It To Ten in 2017 and the Sunny Side Up EP in 2018.  Now preparing to put out the EP Rank and File, Hi/Jack looks forward to taking their "hi/energy" rock to the masses.

You should probably check out that latest EP of theirs over there on the BANDCAMP.

1. Pizza is the world's most perfect food. This is not up for debate. Please define pizza as based on your geographical location.

Well, I live in Wisconsin. So, I've had it all. Deep dish, hand tossed, pan style, thin crust....I just don't care for gluten free crusts or anything like that.

2. It's going to get controversial now. Pineapple on Pizza. Why or why not? 

Honestly, I don't mind it. It's the sweet and savory thing. America's favorite flavor combo. I just think people like to have something to argue about. 

3. For literally years, my family didn't order pizza from the take out places. We made Chef Boyardee boxed pizzas. After that, we only ordered St. Louis Style from Imo's. But finally in the LATE EIGHTIES, I had Domino's Pizza. Tell me your tale.

Oh man, IMOS! I love that place. 

I hope to make it back to St Louis in 2020. Anyways, growing up we had a Pizza Hut in our town. I still like it to this day. But I've tried pretty much every major pizza chain. Where I live now I have Papa Johns, Domino's, Pizza Hut, Toppers and Papa Murphy's all within a two mile radius. 

So, I never run out of options. 


4. St. Louis Style Pizza is the perfect pizza, especially if you enjoy bragging about how much pizza you can eat, but when I'm out in other parts of the country, I seek out Chicago Style Pizza. What do you look for?

 Nothing in particular. Whenever I'm trying a new place I just go for pepperoni. My logic is if they can't make a decent pepperoni pizza, they aren't worth a trip back. 

Other than that, I'm not picky on crust types or anything. Im an equal opportunity pizza lover.
5. Pepperoni, started giving me heartburn. So I switched to green peppers or onions. What's your go to topping?

Pepperoni, hands down. Even if it started giving me heartburn, I'd eat through the pain. That's how much I love it. 

6. What do you look for in pairing beer with your pie?

Something more pilsner style. Overall pretty light tasting beer. Not a "light beer" just not a porter or anything. 

Being from Wisconsin, Pabst, Hamm's or Leinenkugel Original are all pretty good choices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment